Bauchi State Agency for Control of HIV/AIDS & TB (BACATMA)
To have an HIV/TB competent and ultimately HIV/TB free society thereby enabling all people in the State to be able to achieve socially and economically productive lives free of the disease and its effects.
To advance the multi-sectoral response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the State in order to achieve effective control of the epidemic by reducing the rate of new infections, providing equitable care and support for those infected and mitigating the impact of the infection. To Pro-actively Provide leadership that supports the promotion and implementation of high quality and sustainable Primary Health Care Service for all rural communities, through standard resource mobilization, partnership, collaboration, development of sustainable community-based financing projects and functional health facilities
WHAT WE DO
In pursuance of this overall mission, the Agency has seven corporate goals namely:
- Control Preventable Diseases.
- Improve access to Basic Health Services.
- Improve the quality of care.
- Strengthen the institution.
- Develop high-performing health workforce.
- Strengthen partnerships.
- Strengthen community engagement: Promote community participation, ownership and responsibility for health through Ward Development Committees and communication and programmes.
- Providing affordable and accessible drugs;
- Encouraging and counseling those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS;