Bauchi State Primary Health Care (PHC)
To develop a sustainable primary Healthcare system where disease burden is reduced to the barest minimum and quality of life is enhanced in Bauchi State. Also to have a healthy and productive population in the State.
The mission of the Healthcare Sector is to promote the health status of the people of Bauchi State through improved, integrated health care services, on the basis of Primary Health Care. To ensure good resource mobilization and practices with the increased public-private partnership (PPP) and effective community participation and ownership, so as to ensure that basic health services are made available, accessible, affordable and acceptable to the people of Bauchi State.
Who are we?
The Bauchi State Ministry of Health provides preventive, cure, pro-motive and retrain health care services in line with government policies and plans to ensure the accessibility of essential medicines and medical supplies and regulates all private health establishments in line with the State
What we do?
Bauchi State primary Healthcare is saddled with the responsibility of recruiting, promoting and disciplining its staff in accordance with the Civil Service rules and regulations. The Board operates under the general supervision of the Ministry of Health with the Special Adviser to His Excellency as its political head.
More on Responsibilities of the Primary Health Care Board.
- Coordinate the planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of Primary Health Care Services.
- Advise the Hon. Commissioner for Health and the Authorities of (PHC) on matters regarding PHC services in the state.
- Improve and establish policies in respect of primary health care implementation matters.
- Ensure manpower planning, development and training in primary health care services.
- Monitor the activities of Local Government Health Authorities.
- Distribute funds to Local Government Health Authorities from National Primary Health Care Development Agency and other sources.
- Recruit and promote Primary Health Care staff in the state.
- Handle Pensions.