Ministry for Commerce
What we do:
Promotion of sustainable, commercial and industrial growth through improved business Support policies and infrastructure.
- Initiation, formulation and evaluation of policies relating to Commerce and Industry.
- Formulation of policies and programmes for the promotion and development of cottage and small scale industries in the state.
- Liaison with the Federal Ministry of Industry (Trade and Investment) and other relevant government agencies on Industrial development, trade promotion and facilitation in Bauchi State.
- Promotion and development of industrial Estates, Parks, Enterprise zones including maintenance of infrastructures.
- Liaison with relevant Industrial and Trade Groups and Associations.
- Annual organization of Yankari Expo Trade Fair.
- Formulation and facilitation of State Government commercial activities.
- Supervision of Bauchi State Consumer Protection Committee.
- Inspection and monitoring of factories and industrial concerns in the State.
- Research and development with respect to the production of industrial project profile and business directories in the state.
- Research and Planning of State Industrial Master Plan.
- Supervision of Cooperative Societies.