Ministry for Finance
The Ministry of Finance is a unique Agency that provides the financial backbone that helps government translate its vision of providing the dividends of democracy to the teeming population of Bauchi State. The Ministry is to deliver proficient financial management services towards the effective actualization of Government policies and programmes prudently and efficiently without compromising and also with transparency and accountability.
The management and control of all finances of the State Government as prescribed by the constitution of the country is the responsibility of the State Ministry of Finance.
To transform Bauchi State Office of Finance into the Model Manager for Public Finance in Africa.
To manage the state’s finances in an open transparent, accountable and efficient manner that delivers on the country’s development priorities.
WHAT WE DO
- To develop, evaluate and implement effective and enduring policies relating to financial matters and activities of the State.
- To formulate policies and programmes that will promote the development of cottage and small scale industries in the state.
- To promote programmes and activities that will attract Development Financial Institutions to the State and liaise with diplomatic communities on financing Bauchi State.
- Implementing government decisions on financial policies.
- Advising the State Government on policy directives aimed at the efficient allocation of the State’s financial resource.
- Coordinating Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), managing relationships with Federal Agencies like Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Commission, Debt Management Office, Central Bank of Nigeria, Federal Inland Revenue Service, Federal Road Safety Corps etc.